SIFY-200 CIFIXIME 200MG
Mode of Actions:
- Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
- Cefixime is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections.
- Cefixime is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering which is needed for them to survive.
- Cefixime is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria such as bronchitis (infection of the airway tubes leading to the lungs); gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease); and infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, and urinary tract.
- Cefixime is in a class of medications called cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria.
- Antibiotics such as cefixime will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed increases your risk of getting an infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once a day.
Excellent Clinical success:
Clinical succcess are Typhoid fever, Pharyngitis & tonsilitis, Acute community acquired pneumonia, Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, Uncomplicated urinary tract infections, gonorrhea & joint infections.
Common side effects of cefixime are mild nausea, stomach pain, constipation, loss of appetite; anxiety, drowsiness; increased night-time urination; headache; runny nose, sore throat, cough; or vaginal itching or discharge.